Monday, January 16, 2012

Granola


I love, love, love granola. My family really likes it too, and I make it constantly. When my mom asked me to post the recipe, I was a little worried, because, well....I don't actually measure anything. That's why all these measurements are just approximate (sorry!)

First, melt about 2 cups of peanut butter and 1/4 cup cooking oil in a bowl. It usually takes about 30 seconds when I put it in the microwave.



Add about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of unpacked brown sugar. Next, add 1/8 cup of cocoa powder if you would like. Instead of cocoa, you could add  1/4 cup of honey, and cut back on the sugar. 


This is what it normally looks like after it's all mixed up.

Add two cups of quick oats and mix well. You'll add much more oats later, but I've noticed that starting out with just a little usually helps it to mix better.


Add about 4 to 6 more cups of oats (until the consistency of the ingredients resembles the picture below), and 1 to 2 cups graham cracker crumbs. After that is all mixed together you can add chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, M&Ms, or anything else you like in your granola. 


Place in baking sheets....


...and cook at 350 for ten to twelve minutes. It can burn, so keep an eye on it. We usually eat it while its still warm- we pour some into a bowl, add some cold milk, and eat it just like cereal.


One neat thing we like to do with our granola is to make granola bars. To do so, melt 1/4 cup butter in a small saucepan. After it's melted, add bag of miniature marshmallows (I believe it is a 10 oz bag) and stir until it it is all melted. Take the mixture off the heat and mix with six cups of granola. Press into a large pan. After it's cooled, cut into bars and enjoy!


So I have come down to rescue them from the power of the Egyptians and lead them out of Egypt into their own fertile and spacious land. It is a land flowing with milk and honey--the land where the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites now live.
-Exodus 3:8
                                                                   ~Hayden

1 comment:

  1. That looks really yummy! :D I might have to try that sometime soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete